Is the water quality at home clean? Check with these 3 ways!
Are you sure that the water quality in your home is clean and hygienic? To be sure, check in the following ways, let’s go!
Not all areas have good quality water.
Have you ever noticed the state of the water you drink?
Does the water in the house have an unpleasant smell?
Be careful, it could be that the water with a bad smell is a sign that the water is of poor quality.
From now on, check the condition of the water before using it!
What are the characteristics of good and hygienic water quality?
The drinking water quality standards were regulated by the Regulation of the Minister of Health n. 415 of 1990.
Later updated with drinking water quality standard no. 907/MENKES/VII/2001.
Meanwhile, the standard for bottled drinking water (AMDK) uses the guide SNI 01-3553-2006, which is published by the National Agency for Standardization (BSN) as a guide.
Indeed, the characteristics of clean and hygienic water can be easily seen by analyzing its physical condition.
For example, judging by the color, the condition of the water is cloudy or not, and by the smell or taste.
You can see other characteristics of clean water from the following factors:
- Water has no taste
- The water does not smell
- Water is not cloudy
- Normal water temperature
- It has a bland taste
- Up to normal pH
- Pathogen free
- Free deposit
- Without chemicals
3 easy ways to check water quality
The following are three easy ways to check and discover the quality of water that you can do at home.
The physical analysis method is a way to know the quality of water seen from its physical condition.
The way to do it is:
- Feel the water. Good quality water has a neutral aroma and is odorless.
- Taste some water to see if it has a particular taste. Good water has no taste.
- See the clarity with a glass of clear glass.
- Check the color of the water by letting it sit for a while.
- Check whether the water pipe used is corrosive (iron) or not. Corrosive pipes contain harmful mineral water.
Chemical analysis is a method to identify the chemical components present in water. Do this by following these steps:
- Try doing a test on water by mixing it with an equal amount of tea water.
- Leave for a few hours.
- Look for any discoloration or mucus.
- Such changes indicate that the water is not clean and contains dangerous heavy metals.
- If there is no change when you try the test, it means that the water is safe to drink.
A bacteriological water test is performed to help determine if the water contains harmful bacteria.
The way to test is as follows:
- Place the water in a glass, then cover tightly.
- Leave the water for five days.
- After five days, look and observe if there is a change in the color and shape of the water.
- When the water turns black, white or green, it means that there are many bacteria in the water.
- Water that changes color is water that is not suitable for consumption.
- But if for five days, the color of the water does not change, then the water is clean and suitable for consumption.
Hopefully this article is useful to know the quality of water at home, Property People.
Also read other interesting reviews on Berita www.lacrymosemedia.com Indonesia.
If you are looking for a safe and comfortable home around Bandung, the shades of Alam Setiabudi Clove could be the answer.
Go, visit www.lacrymosemedia.com/id and www.lacrymosemedia.com to find the best accommodation at competitive prices, because we always have #AdaBuatkamu.