Here are the latest Notary Fees for Buying and Selling Homes in 2022
The process of buying and selling a house is not a trivial matter, there must be a strong legal approval in it. Therefore, it is important for you to involve a notary in the purchase and sale of a house.
This is because a notary has the authority to issue letters that have a strong legality compared to not involving a notary. However, what is the notary fee for buying and selling houses that you need to prepare?
Therefore, you need to know how much money you need to prepare to buy and sell a house through a notary. However, before this you also need to know what are the roles and powers of a notary in the purchase and sale of houses.
Check out the following article!
Also read: Understanding the Definition and How to Calculate Home Purchase Tax
Functions and Notarial Authorities
Before discussing the amount of costs in the purchase and sale of a house, you need to know in advance the general duties and authorities performed by a notary.
Basically, a notary is a person who has the power of law to make documents in a neutral position.
This is different from the PPAT which has the main task of carrying out the registration and making land deeds as evidence in the eyes of the law.
For more details, see the information below:
Obligations and Notarial Authority
There are many duties and powers of a notary that are generally carried out in accordance with the Law on the Office of the Notary, article 15. This is an explanation:
- Carry out registration and accounting of private letters and documents
- Make a copy of the underground certificate as proof of the transaction.
- Make deeds related to land and buildings.
- Provide legal advice to the public in relation to the creation of the act.
- Make corrections for typographical errors in the minutes of the act.
- Make an act of auction minutes.
Obligations of a notary
In addition to the duties and authorities, you also need to know what are the obligations of a notary. Here is the full description:
- Make and keep the act that has been in the form of minutes.
- Don’t take sides with buyers and sellers.
- Include fingerprints and/or hands from both sides on documents and letters.
- Maintain confidentiality of matters related to the act that has been done.
- Issuance of copy documents of the act, collection of acts, and thick act based on the minutes of the act done.
Prohibition of the Role of Notary
However, there are some restrictions regarding the duties or role of a notary as follows:
- A notary is prohibited from holding more than one office.
- Signing an act that the process of doing is carried out by another party.
- Work with service agencies or intermediaries to get customers.
2022 Purchase and Sale of Houses Notary Taxes
In determining the notary fee, the government declared it in Law Number 30 of 2004 Chapter VI Article 36 regarding the Office of a Notary.
So that the costs charged to the buyer already have a strong legal basis in accordance with existing regulations.
However, there are two principles used in determining cost, namely economic value and social value. Here is a more complete description:
If seen from an economic point of view, the notary’s fee for the sale and purchase of a house will be determined on the object of each act. So the details are as follows:
- The value of the object is up to IDR 100,000,000.00 or the equivalent of one gram of gold at that time, so the amount of the notary fee is not more than 2.5% of the value of the object .
- The value of the object is above IDR 100,000,000.00 to IDR 1,000,000,000.00, so the notary’s fee is not more than 1.5% of the value of the object.
- If the value of the object is above IDR 1,000,000,000.00, the notary’s fee cannot be more than 1 percent of the object, but must be calculated based on an agreement between the notary and the related parties.
Because the notary’s fee is borne by the buyer, therefore, as a buyer, you must prepare several other costs, such as:
- Tax validation fee IDR 200,000.00
- The certificate check fee is IDR 100,000.00
- SK 59 costs IDR 1,000,000.00
- Transfer fee of IDR 750,000.00
- The SKMHT fee is IDR 250,000.00
- APHT costs IDR 1,200,000.00
- Notary fees AJB 2,400,000.00 IDR
Also read: Understand the Requirements to Return the Name of the Last Land Certificate
As stated in Article 36 UUJN, the amount of the notary fee for the purchase and sale of a house based on social functions is a maximum of IDR 5,000,000.00.
In addition to the above costs, you also need to prepare some additional money because there are other necessary costs. Here are some other costs:
- Service fee for maintaining land registration data
Transfer of names or Land Registry Data Maintenance Services has its own cost. The formula to calculate is T = (1% x Land Value) + Rp50 thousand
- Certificate Verification Fee
Of course, you need to prepare this fee, which usually varies from the cost of checking a certificate, which is IDR 50,000.00.
- BPHTB (Land and Building Rights Acquisition Tax)
Land and building rights acquisition fees are costs that are usually borne by home buyers. The rates from BPHTB will later be adapted to the objective of each house.
- Information service fee for land value
You need to pay this fee to know the total value of the land or property assets that are used as the object of the transaction. In general, the information service fee for this land value is about Rp. 50,000.00.
The notary fee for the purchase and sale of a house is a fee that you must pay if you do a house purchase transaction. This of course gives you a strong and valid legality in the eyes of the law according to the existing rules. However, you also need to prepare for other costs besides the cost of a notary to buy and sell houses.
So a review of notary fees to sell and buy a house that you need to know before buying a house. I hope this article is helpful!