5 ways to sharpen dull scissors
Have you ever experienced blunt scissors? You can use the following method to sharpen the blunt scissors as the right solution.
Scissors are kitchen tools that are often found in every home.
Its utility to cut something makes scissors a tool that cannot be replaced with anything else.
However, the scissors often experience dullness when they have been used for a long time.
Similar to a knife that also wears out over time.
But it is not the same as a knife, how to sharpen blunt scissors must be used with the right method and special tools.
Therefore, you can not just drown the scissors.
In this article, we will discuss in detail how to sharpen blunt scissors.
Immediately, see the following steps, www.lacrymosemedia.com informs various sources.
5 ways to sharpen dull scissors
1. Using a Whetstone
The first way, you can use a stone that is commonly used to sharpen scissors.
To make it easier, you can use a small whetstone that fits the size of the scissors.
The following are the steps:
- Rub the whetstone against each side of the blade
- Rub the blade on the other side.
- Repeat until the scissors are sharp and back to normal
2. Using aluminum foil
Next, you can use aluminum foil, which is usually used to cook food in the oven.
Here are the steps:
- Prepare a piece of aluminum 20 cm – 30 cm long.
- Fold it to make a thick fold of paper.
- The plated part will then be used to sharpen the blades of the scissors.
- Cut the aluminum foil with scissors to the end.
- Rinse the scissors blades with warm water or you can also use a tissue.
This method is to remove the aluminum flakes that stick to the blade when it is used for cutting.
3. Using Sandpaper
You can also use sandpaper to sharpen dull scissors.
The method is relatively easy, here are the steps:
- Prepare sandpaper that has been cut into small pieces
- Rub the coarse side of the sandpaper against the blunt side of the scissor blade.
- Sharpen until the scissor blades are sharp again when used
- Repeat this step until you get maximum results
4. Using Glass Cups
Glass cups are not only used for drinking, in fact they can be used to drown scissors.
The method is also very easy.
- Prepare a bottle or glass made of glass.
- Prepare blunt scissors that you want to drown.
- Make a cutting motion on the neck of the glass bottle that has been prepared.
- Be sure when you do, with quick and repeated movements until the blades of the scissors are sharp and shiny.
- Finally, wash the scissors thoroughly.
5. Using a Pin
The last way to sharpen blunt scissors is to use a pin.
Here are the ways:
- Place the pin between the scissors.
- Make the cutting motion as you would when sharpening a pair of scissors with a bottle.
- Repeat these steps until the blades of the scissors feel smoother and sharper.
- Clean the scissors with soap and water.
This is the correct way to sharpen blunt scissors.
We hope this article is useful, Property People!
If you are looking for a house, apartment, land or anything else on a trusted and safe property market, you can visit the www.lacrymosemedia.com page.
Also visit www.lacrymosemedia.com.
To get the best deals, like in Vittoria Residence, West Jakarta.
Turn over a new leaf, make your dreams come true and we are always #There for you.
And do not miss the latest news and advice on the world of domestic and foreign property in the www.lacrymosemedia.com article.
Also follow Google News www.lacrymosemedia.com.